2009/12/11

I'm just calling to confirm that you received my fax.

我只是打電話過來確認妳有收到我的傳真。

課文
Molly:Hello, is this Carla? Its Molly here.
莫莉:妳好,卡拉嗎?我是莫莉。
Carla:Hello Molly, what can I do for you?
卡拉:莫莉,妳好,有什麼要我幫忙的嗎?
Molly:I sent you the information you requested this morning, and
Im just calling to confirm that you received my fax.
莫莉:今早我將妳要的資料傳給妳了,我只是打電話過來確認妳有收到我的傳真。
Carla:Yes, I saw it on my desk just before lunch. Someone must have picked it up for me. There were five pages, right?
卡拉:有的,吃中飯前我看到傳真放在我桌上。一定是有人幫我拿過來了。有5頁,對嗎?
Molly:Yes, thats right.
莫莉:是的,沒錯。
Carla:Thanks for calling to check with me.
卡拉:謝謝妳打來跟我確認。

本篇關鍵句

◎I'm just calling to confirm that you received my fax.
我只是打電話過來確認妳有收到我的傳真。
傳真後,為了要確認對方是否有收到,通常會電話確認,這了上句,可以這麼說:
.I have faxed the five-page document to you. Did you get it?
(我已經把那5頁文件傳真給你。你有收到嗎?)

關鍵字彙與片語

◎fax n.傳真;傳真機 & vt. 傳真
例:Please fill out the form and fax it to this number by December 20.(請填妥表格,最遲在12月20日前傳真到這個號碼。)
◎request vt. & n. 要求,請求
例:Sally requested permission to take photographs in the museum.(莎莉請求准許在博物館內拍照。)
◎pick sth up / pick up sth
拿取某物;買某物
◎pick sb up / pick up sb
接送某人
例:Barry will pick you up at 5 oclock sharp. (貝瑞5點整會去接你。)

No comments: