2009/12/22

I tried, but the line’s always busy.我試過了,但電話一直在忙線中

對話
Susie:Hello, Alice?It’s Susie here. I’ve left my keys at home, and I was wondering what time you’re going to be home tonight.
蘇西:喂,愛麗絲嗎?我是蘇西。我把鑰匙放在家裡頭了,我想知道妳今天晚上什麼時候會回家。
Alice:I’m going to a party tonight, so I won’t be home till after midnight. Why don’t you try calling Laura at home?I think she is staying in tonight.
愛麗絲:我今晚要去參加派對,所以午夜後才會回到家。為什麼妳不試著打回家給蘿拉?我想她今晚應該在家。
Susie:I tried, but the line’s always busy.
蘇西:我試過了,但電話一直在忙線中。
Alice:Maybe the phone’s off the hook. Have you tried her cell phone?
愛麗絲:也許電話沒掛好。妳有試著打她的手機嗎?
Susie:I did, but it’s not turned on. What should I do?
蘇西:我試過了,但她沒有開機。我該怎麼辦?
Alice:Well, I guess you’d better come to the party with me. Then we can go home together.
愛麗絲:嗯,那我想妳最好跟我去參加派對吧。那我們就能一起回家。

本篇關鍵句

◎I tried, but the line’s always busy.我試過了,但電話一直忙線中。
撥電話給人但電話忙線中,可說:
.The line is engaged.(現在忙線中。)
.The line was busy; I couldn’t get through to him.(他的電話正在通話中,我打不進去。)

關鍵字彙與片語

◎stay in 待在家裡╱不外出
例:I’m worn out today, so I just feel like staying in and watching TV tonight.(我今天累壞了,今晚只想待在家看電視。)
◎hook n.(電話的)聽筒架
.leave the phone off the hook將電話筒拿起來
例:If you don’t want to take any calls, you can leave the phone off the hook.(如果你不想接電話,可以將電話筒拿起來。)

No comments: