2010/01/22

I need to speak to one of your guests. 我要找你們一位房客

對話
Frank:Hello, is this the Royal Hotel? I need to speak to one of your guests. His name is Peter Norton, but I don't know which room he's in.
法蘭克:你好,請問是皇家飯店嗎?我要找你們一位房客。他名叫彼得?諾頓,但我不知道他住哪一間房。
Jeffrey:Let me just check if we have someone by that name staying here.
傑佛瑞:我查一下是否有叫這個名字的人住進本飯店。
Frank:He checked in today. I'm supposed to meet him at the hotel at 6:00 p.m., but I'm going to be a little late.
法蘭克:他今天辦理住房手續,我本來晚上6點要和他在飯店碰面,但我會稍微晚一點到。
Jeffrey:Ah, yes. That's right. He checked in this afternoon. Let me put you through to his room.
傑佛瑞:喔,有的。他今天下午辦理了住房手續。讓我為您轉接到他房間。
Frank:Thank you very much.
法蘭克:非常感謝。
Jeffrey:You're welcome.
傑佛瑞:不客氣。

本篇關鍵句

◎I need to speak to one of your guests.我要找你們一位房客。
一般來說,我們打電話到飯店找人時,若已知道那人的房號,通常會請櫃台直接把電話轉到那人的房間:
例:Can you put me through to room 806, please?(麻煩你替我接 806 號房好嗎?)
.put sb through to...
替某人轉接電話給……

關鍵字彙與片語

◎by the name of…名叫……
例:A woman by the name of Lisa just called to confirm her room reservation.(一位名叫麗莎的女子剛打來確認訂房事宜。)
◎be supposed to V
應該/應當……
注意:be supposed to 相當於助動詞 should,但口氣較 should 緩和。
例:Anna is supposed to take out the trash every day, but she often forgets.(安娜應當每天把垃圾拿出去丟,但她經常忘記。)

No comments: