對話
Helen:Hello, is this Whitmore Appliances?
海倫:你好,請問這裡是惠莫爾電器行嗎?
Jack:Yes, it is, ma'am. How may I help you?
傑克:是的,女士。請問您需要什麼服務?
Helen:I bought an air conditioner from you six months ago. It was out of order yesterday, and I was wondering if you could send someone to take a look at it.
海倫:我6個月前在你們店裡買了一台冷氣機。昨天故障了,我想知道你們是否可以派人過來看一下。
Jack:Does it make a funny sound when you switch it on?
傑克:您打開電源時會發出怪聲嗎?
Helen:No, I can’t switch it on at all.
海倫:不,冷氣連開都不能開。
Jack:OK, a member of our repair staff will be out to take a look at your air conditioner this afternoon.
傑克:好的,我們維修部的同仁今天下午會過去看您的冷氣。
本篇關鍵句
◎Does it make a funny sound when you switch it on?您打開電源時會發出怪聲嗎?
家中若有電器故障需要打電話請維修人員來檢查時,可以在電話中先敘述電器故障情形。
直接說電器無法使用:
.The heater / refrigerator / washing machine doesn’t work.
(暖氣/冰箱/洗衣機故障了。)
或是詳述電器的問題:
.The images on the TV screen are fuzzy / blurry.
(電視上的畫面很模糊。)
關鍵字彙與片語
◎appliance n.用具(尤指家電用品).household appliances 家用電器
◎be out of order(冰箱、洗衣機等電器用品)故障
例:The printer is out of order. Please call a technician to take a look at it.(印表機壞掉了。請打電話叫維修人員來看一下。)
◎funny a.奇怪的
例:I smell something funny. Is something burning?(我聞到奇怪的味道。有東西燒焦了嗎?)
No comments:
Post a Comment