2010/02/20

No, it's a very urgent matter. I need to deal with it right now. 不行,這件事很緊急。我必須馬上處理

對話
Martha:Good morning, Keyton Electronics, Martha speaking.
瑪莎:早安,凱頓電子公司,我是瑪莎。
Sam:Hello, can I speak to Mr. Morris, please?
山姆:妳好,請問摩里斯先生在嗎?
Martha:I’m afraid it’s his day off. Can you wait till tomorrow?
瑪莎:很抱歉他今天休假。妳能等到明天嗎?
Sam:No, it’s a very urgent matter. I need to deal with it right now.
山姆:不行,這件事很緊急。我必須馬上處 理。
Martha:Well, Anna is taking over his work while he’s away. Do you want to speak to her?
瑪莎:這樣的話,安娜是他休假期間的職務代理人。妳想要找她嗎?
Sam:Yes, please. Thank you.
山姆:好,麻煩妳。謝謝。

本篇關鍵句

◎No, it’s a very urgent matter. I need to deal with it right now. 不行,這件事很緊急。我必須馬上處理。
當你打電話要找的人正好不在,而事情又非常緊急時,這時還可說:
.It’s an emergency. It must be sorted out right away.(這是緊急事件。必須馬上處理。)
.It is very urgent. Somebody must solve the problem now.(這很緊急。一定要有人來解決問題。

關鍵字彙與片語

◎off a. & adv.休假的
.take a day off 休一天假
例:Teresa has been off with the flu for a whole week.(泰勒莎已經感冒請假整整一星期了。)
◎urgent a.緊急的
◎matter n.事情;問題
.It’s just a matter of time. 只是時間早晚的事。
◎take over sth / take sth over 接手
例:The new CEO is going to take over all the ongoing projects.(新上任的執行長要接管所有目前還在進行的案子。)

No comments: