2009/11/30

I was just wondering if we could have a meeting sometime to go over…

我在想我們可否找個時間開會來仔細審察……

對話

Nancy:Hello, Carol? It’s Nancy here.
南西:妳好,卡蘿嗎?我是南西。
Carol:Hello, Nancy, I’ve been meaning to call you back, but I’ve had a really busy morning. What did you want to talk to me about?
卡蘿:南西妳好,我一直想要回電給妳,但我整個早上超忙的。妳找我有什麼事嗎?
Nancy:I was just wondering if we could have a meeting sometime to go over the FTV deal in more detail?
南西:我在想我們可否找個時間開會來仔細審察FTV交易案?
Carol:OK, let me just check my schedule. How about next Friday at about 2:00 p.m.?
卡蘿:好的,讓我查查我的行事曆。下星期五下午兩點左右如何?
Nancy:That’s fine with me. You can let me know where it’s going to be held once you book a meeting room.
南西:我沒問題。等妳訂好會議室後再讓我知道要在哪裡開會。
Carol:Sure, no problem.
卡蘿:當然,沒問題。

本篇關鍵句

◎I was just wondering if we could have a meeting sometime to go over…  我在想我們可否找個時間開會來……
向他人提議開會或碰面討論事情時,也可以這樣說:
.I’d like to arrange a meeting to talk about / discuss…
我想安排會議討論……
.Could I meet with you to talk about / discuss…
我可否和你見個面討論……

關鍵字彙與片語

◎mean to V有意要……
例:I meant to call you back last night, but I forgot all about it when I got home.(我原本昨晚要回電給你,但我一回到家就完全忘了這回事。)
◎go over...仔細審查……;
複習……(= review)
例:You’d better go over your script again before delivering your performance.(你在表演前最好再複習一下劇本。)

No comments: