2009/11/16

Can you give him a message for me?

對話

Gina:Dazzle Dry Cleaner's, Gina speaking.
吉娜:耀眼乾洗店,我是吉娜。
Burt:Hello, can I speak to Mr. Kent, please?
伯特:妳好,請問我可以跟肯特先生說話嗎?
Gina:I'm afraid he's out on an errand.
吉娜:恐怕他出門辦事了。
Burt:Can you give him a message for me?
伯特:妳能幫我留言給他嗎?
Gina:Sure, no problem.
吉娜:當然可以,沒問題。
Burt:Can you tell him to be especially careful with my white sweater? It's made of Angora wool.
伯特:可以告訴他要特別小心處理我的白色毛衣嗎?那是安哥拉羊毛做的。

本篇關鍵句

Can you give him a message for me?妳能幫我留言給他嗎?
當你打電話要找的人不在,你想請接電話者幫你留言給他(她),這時你也可以這麼說:
.Can I leave a message for him?
(我能留言給他嗎?)
.Please give a message to him for me.
(請幫我留言給他。)

關鍵字彙與片語

◎dry cleaner's n.乾洗店
.dry cleaning 乾洗
◎errand n.差事
.run errands 辦差事;跑腿
例:Sam had to run some errands today, so he took half a day off.
(山姆今天得去辦一些事,所以他請了半天假。
◎be careful with… 小心處理……
例:You should be careful with those chemicals.
(你要小心處理那些化學藥物。)
◎sweater n.毛衣
例:A pure wool sweater can keep you very warm.
(純羊毛的毛衣非常保暖。)
◎be made of…  由……製成(原料不變)
.be made from…由……製成(原料已變)

No comments: