2009/11/09

Do you know how I can reach him?

對話
Laura:Hello, can I speak to Bob, please?It’s Laura from Human Resources.
蘿拉:妳好,請問鮑伯在嗎?我是人資部的蘿拉。
Susan:He’s out visiting a client at the moment. What seems to be the problem?
蘇珊:他現在外出拜訪客戶。請問有什麼事嗎?
Laura:I need to ask him an urgent question about the payroll. Do you know how I can reach him?
蘿拉:我現在有個關於薪水名冊很緊急的問題要問他。妳知道我要如何跟他聯絡嗎?
Susan:Why don’t you try contacting him on his cell phone?
蘇珊:妳何不打他的手機試試看?
Laura:Could you give me the number, please?
蘿拉:妳可以給我他的電話號碼嗎?
Susan:Sure, it’s 0976-577-990.
蘇珊:當然,號碼是0976-577-990。

本篇關鍵句

●Do you know how I can reach him?(妳知道我要如何跟他聯絡嗎?)
當對方不在時,你可以問接電話的人是否有其他聯絡對方的方式,除了上述關鍵句,你還可以說:
Could you tell me where I can reach him / her?
(請問我在哪裡可以聯絡到他∕她?)
It’s an emergency. Is there any way for me to reach him / her?(我有急事。有什麼方我可以聯絡到他∕她嗎?)

關鍵字彙與片語

●human resources n.人力資源部,人事部(恆為複數,可縮寫為HR)
●payroll n.薪資名冊
薪資發放總額
be on the payroll 被僱用
例:The temp will be on the payroll until next June.(那名約聘員工會工作到明年6月。)
have + 數字 + people on the payroll 有若干位員工
例:This company has 700 people on the payroll.(這家公司有700位員工。)
●contact vt. & n.聯絡
keep in contact with...
和……保持聯絡

No comments: