2010/10/08

You’re Driving Me Crazy!我要抓狂了!各種表達不滿的方法

Speaking生活美 語Julia: I thought you said you knew how to fix computers.Ryan: I did, but I never said I was an expert. Your computer is really 1)messed up.Julia: You’re making it worse. The more you 2)tinker with it, the more messed up it gets!Ryan: Hey, I’m trying my best.Julia: You have no idea what you’re doing. You’re not fixing it, you’re breaking i t!
茱麗亞:你不是說你會修電腦。
萊恩:我是說過啊,但我可沒說我是專家。妳的電腦一團亂。
茱麗亞:你把它弄得更糟,你越修越糟。
萊恩:嘿,我盡力了。
茱麗亞:你根本搞不清楚你在幹嘛。你不是在修理,是在破壞。
(節錄自 EZ Talk 美語會話誌,完整內容請見 10 月號)

英檢字彙 Vocabulary Bank

1)mess up (phr.) 弄亂,搞砸
The wind messed up my hair.
2) tinker (v.)(笨手笨腳)試著修補,調整
Dave spent the weekend tinkering with his car.

You're making it worse. 你也可以這樣說

◎You’re just making a mess of things!
你把事情弄得一團亂!
◎You’re going to break it!
你要把它弄壞了啦!
◎You’re completely clueless!
你根本不知道自己在幹嘛!

No comments: