2009/11/17

She can reach me at…

對話
Bill:Good morning, John Mayor Law Practice, Bill speaking.
比爾:約翰?梅爾律師事務所,早安,我是比爾。
Eric:Hello, may I speak to Cathy Larson, please?
艾瑞克:您好,請問凱西?拉森在嗎?

Bill:I’m afraid she hasn’t come in yet. Do you want to leave a message?
比爾:她恐怕還沒來。你要留言嗎?
Eric:Well, I’m Eric from DJK International, and I’m calling with regard to information on the Jennings case.
艾瑞克:是這樣的,我是DJK國際的艾瑞克,我打來是關於珍寧斯一案的消息。
Bill:I’ll have her call you as soon as she gets in.
比爾:她一進辦公室,我會馬上請她打電話給你。
Eric:Thanks. She can reach me at 2266-5555, extension 340.
艾瑞克:謝謝。她可以撥2266-5555與我聯絡,分機是340。

本篇關鍵句

◎She can reach me at…
她可以撥……與我聯絡。
要請對方回電,一定要將聯絡方式留給對方,或在一開頭就表明自己身分及聯絡電話:
This is + 人名 + calling from + 公司. My phone number is + 電話號碼.(我是某公司的某某人。我的電話是……。)
或請對方記下聯絡方式:
Can I give you my phone number and extension?(我可以給你我的電話號碼和分機嗎?)

關鍵字彙與片語

◎practice n.(律師、醫生的) 工作地點;執業
例:That lawyer has been in practice here for 20 years.(那位律師已經在這裡執業20 年了。)
◎with / in regard to… 有關……
=regarding…
例:I’m writing with regard to the contract you sent me yesterday.
=I’m writing regarding the contract you sent me yesterday.(我寫信是有關於你昨天寄給我的合約。)
◎international n.國際性企業/組織

No comments: